Monday 2 March 2009

The Land of Cleopatra

Ive had a couple of 'upsey-downsey' months since Christmas. But finally, after doing 5 weeks on my last cycle of Sutent, Im feeling really well. Really, really well in fact. No pain, fatigue has gone and my hands are healing nicely. Which is a good job because, and this is the reason I did an extra week of Sutent, in 2 weeks time Martin and I are off to Egypt. To cruise down the Nile and see all the historical sites and temples and pyramids !


Im so excited. This is something Ive always wanted to do, Ive always been fascinated by the ancient Egyptians, but I really didnt think I would be capable of doing it now. Its quite a strenuous trip with a lot of walking, very early starts, and little time to rest. But Im so determined to do it.

Ive even bought myself a pair of 'sensible' shoes (from Clarks - a shop I havnt set foot in since the children were young) especially for this trip !





8 comments:

Yasmin said...

Glad your feeling so much better, and off to Egypt too, how wonderful.
I quie like clarks they've come a long way lol.

Take care

Yasmin
xx

LYN said...

HAPPY YOU ARE FEELING SO WELL..AND EVEN HAPPIER FOR YOUR TRIP..WOO HOO!

Jacki said...

Wow! Glad you're feeling so well.
It gives me hope! My brother is in the middle of a Sutent cycle, ans not feeling so stellar.

Enjoy the cruise....take in all of the blessings God has for you.

ADB said...

Good to hear you're doing so well, Jane. Enjoy your trip!

Sybil said...

I have been praying that you were feeling better. How wonderful to be going to Egypt...even I havn't attempted to go there !! don't think it would be very wheel chairable !! ANyway do keep us up to date as and when you can as we miss you so much when you ar enot around.
Much Love Sybil xx

Ally Lifewithally said...

That is good news you are feeling so well ~ enjoy your trip to Egypt and have a safe journey ~ Ally x

Anonymous said...

Well done you, you will have a fantastic trip,you are a very special lady ,God bless you on your trip and at all times

Lori said...

I'm so glad you are feeling so much better. I can't imagine how excited you must be to make this trip to Egypt! Hope it goes well with no mishaps.