Saturday 8 March 2008

Right Sprite !!

After a couple of 'down days' Ive decided its time to get a grip.  Ok - so my 'full and durable response' has gone but I still have the hope of Sutent working and delaying the progression of my disease.

I need to get fit - well fitter at least.  Having spent the majority of the past 4 months almost bed bound by the side effects of IL2 Im incredibly unfit and SO stiff.  I need to build my energy levels back up and be as well as I possibly can be for as long as possible.

So Im going swimming - as soon as I get this Hickman line removed.  Just a couple of times a week to increase my suppleness more than anything.  And to tone up what muscles I have left !

And Spring is here at last so I shall spend more time in the garden.  And I shall walk more - and I dont mean just pottering around Tescos !

Were really lucky here, we have the countryside right on our door step with the most beautiful walks a few minutes away.

So thats my plan - I need to feel as if Im still doing something - still fighting - and I think this is the best way at the moment.  It will get me out of the house as well, just in time as I think Im starting to go stir crazy !

 

 

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are marvelous so positive ,I really admire you ...love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Go girl!  :o)   Ruby xx

Anonymous said...

Well, that's the spirit, Jane. Go for it!

Anonymous said...

It is said that a positive attitude can really help your feeling of wellbeing, good idea to build up your strength.

Take care

Yasmin
x

Anonymous said...

Hi Jane. It's so nice to see the sun shining through the window almost making It Impossible for me to type!! lol. I hope you get going In the garden and swimming and everything else to feel good. I couldn't comment on the last entry as i was too angry. Not with you but this flamin nitemare you are in. I have my fingers and toes and the cats' paws and back legs crossed for you. Love Pam xx

Anonymous said...

Jane it is lovely to hear you being so positive ~ enjoy your swimming and walks ~ Ally x

Anonymous said...

The swimming will do you good.And also is there free therapy treatments at your hospital like aromatherapy and reiki stuff? There is a centre at our hospital for cancer patients and their families and we were soooo pampered in there.A massage or reiki will do wonders for your stiffness.Enjoy your walking too.    : )

Anonymous said...

YOU GO GIRL !! Well done Spritey, ur personality  seems to be shining thru this latest setback.

   Look forward to reading ur reports of yomping all over the Midlands !!

       the VERY best to you and urs XXXXX

Anonymous said...

bless you         you  are  a  fighter         put me  to  shame             spring  is  coming,   warmer  weather,   and  i  hope and  pray you   have  many lovely walks  in  the  sun                             you  take care             love mort  xxxxx

Anonymous said...

bless you         you  are  a  fighter         put me  to  shame             spring  is  coming,   warmer  weather,   and  i  hope and  pray you   have  many lovely walks  in  the  sun                             you  take care             love mort  xxxxx

Anonymous said...

oops            hiccups         lol   sorry  saved  that  twice          aol running  slow      tc x