The lumps in my breast, all FIVE of them, are indeed metastatic RCC. Which has caused quite a stir because this has never been heard of before. Bloody typical of me.
They are coming out on Tuesday, shouldnt be in for too long, a few days because I will need a drain.
I heard the results of the meeting yesterday too - the bare bones of it anyway. I now have another new doctor, an oncologist called Dr Porfini who is on Prof Nicks team , who specialises in RCC.
He has decided Im going to have Immunotherapy. I dont know which kind exactly yet but it will most probably be HDInterleukin11. Which is VILE stuff. It is my only chance of any kind of remission though, albeit it a very slim one.
The thinking seems to be that Im relatively young, fit and healthy (till Dr P gets his hands on me!) and can hopefully survive the treatment, so its worth a shot. Ive nothing to lose really, if it doesnt work I can apply for Sutent then.
So, it seems the decision is made and Im going along with it. Ill think about it over the next few days but I really dont have a choice, yet again.
SURELY its time for me to have a wee bit of luck?
Going out for a curry and bucket of red wine tomorrow night - probably the last Ill have for a while !