The operation went well and Jane is now off the heavy duty pain killers. The physios went in this morning and got her out of bed on a frame. The first time she has stood up for a month !!
The consultant is is so happy he wants to do the other leg !! Jane had a choice, to wait two or three weeks and then go back in OR have in done this Monday. A smaller operation than the other one involving drilling out the affected bone and replacing it with special cement. He is concerned that if it did brake we would have the same scenario. Poor Jane, she thought she was coming home soon.
Well after much heart wrenching and a few tears, she is going to have it done on Monday. I think the thought of the other leg breaking was too much for her. It means she will be in hospital all next week. I will keep you posted.